Do you know that having a cat at home can be good for your health? There are a lot of condominium owners who wish to have their own cats at home. Thankfully, there are more and more developers who are starting to understand that pets also deserve to have a home.
Living in a condominium means that your cat is going to be an indoor cat. There are some advantages to this:
- It lessens the possibility that your cat is going to get hit by any vehicle.
- This can prevent your cat from meeting and mating with other cats that may have some contagious diseases.
- An indoor cat will be less likely to find another cat to fight with and will not get pregnant unintentionally. You can deter other cats from entering your home by using cat deterrents.
Of course, this means that your cat is going to get a bit bored unless you will do things in order to make it a happy indoor cat.
- Find the right cat food that will allow your cat to get all of the daily nutrients that it needs. Gone are the days when cats would need to hunt outdoors just to get some of the meat they need for their diet. A lot of cat food now has all of the daily nutrients your cat need. You can alternate wet and dry food. You can also create homemade cat food for your cat. There are recipes available online.
- Find some toys that will allow your cat to have fun for hours. There are different things that cats love to do. They would feel the need to pounce and strike from time to time. They would do this if they have the right toys to use. Use toys that will allow them to run speedily until they are already happy with the exercise they have received.
- You can consider having another cat. This can be tricky because there are some cats that are just inseparable from the first time that they meet. Yet, there are also some who hate each other on sight. You can introduce a new cat to your cat and see if they would hit it off. If yes, they will be happy with the companionship.
- Allow your cat to stay safe. You may be in a high-rise building and even if cats are known to be good at surviving when they fall from high places, they are still not indestructible. Make sure that your balcony will always be closed. You should also make sure that the cat cannot access windows and other places that may cause it to fall.
- You should have all of the right tools that will allow your cat to be comfortable inside your condominium. If you have more than one cat, they should have separate litter boxes. They would not want to share just one.
Do you think that you are ready to live in a condo with your cat? It might seem hard in the beginning but you and your cat/s will get used to it.