The food that kids eat when they are still young will actually affect them later in life. That is the reason why we should ensure that they eat healthily when they are still young. When kids eat healthily, they grow, develop, and grow well academically. This gives them a good feeling. It also prevents them from getting health issues such as disorders, obesity, dental cavities, and iron-deficiency anemia. In this article, we are going to take a look at the importance of good nutrition for kids.
Childhood Obesity Prevention
Good nutrition prevents childhood obesity, which outs the kids at higher risks of getting major health issues like Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, joint pain, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease.it is therefore important to teach children the importance of good eating habits. They should be encouraged to eat foods that are rich in nutrients such as fruits and veggies.
Support Optimal Growth
Children should eat foods that are rich in nutrients, such as fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, meat, fish and adequate calories, so that their bodies can develop properly. They should particularly et food that is rich in calcium, since it promotes the bone density needed in teenagers.
Importance of a Hearty Breakfast
According to studies, children tend to perform better when they eat breakfast. They are better at solving problems, recalling things, memory, verbal fluency, and creativity.
Poor Nutrition Consequences
When a child is exposed to poor nutrition, they risk getting things like short stature and delayed puberty, nutrient deficiencies and dehydration, menstrual irregularities, poor bone health, increased risk of injuries, poor academic performance, and higher risks of eating disorders.
Habanero Pepper Jelly Recipe
Still on the topic of food, we are now going to change tune and write a tasty recipe from Green Thumb Gardener. This is an easy to make recipe that is super-hot and sweet, perfect for crackers, bagels, and wings.
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 14 habanero peppers chopped (1/2 were de-veined and seeded)
- 5 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- pinch of salt
- 5 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cups of cider vinegar
- 1 packet of fruit pectin
Materials for Habanero Jelly Recipe:
- Big pot to process cans
- Canning kit https://amzn.to/2CcqgSA
- Medium Size Pot
- 6-8 half pint canning jars
- canning lids
- canning rings
- chop up the peppers and deseed them
- blend the peppers and carrots, but don’t let them liquefy too much. We want specks.
- Mix the vinegar with the sugar, and then boil for approximately 5 minutes, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the habanero pepper slurry to the sugar/vinegar liquid and bring to boil. It should take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the pectin as per the instructions on the pack and then boil for 5 minutes, until the pectin dissolves.
- Can the mixture into jars and then process them to get the habanero pepper jelly.
It is important for children to eat healthily from the time that they are young so that in the future their bodies will develop well and be healthy. We should also train them on the importance of good nutrition, encouraging them to eat fruits and veggies.